Sign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York Suffolk County police are asking for the public’s help in apprehending a hit-and-run driver that injured an elderly woman after striking the victim’s vehicle last month.A man was driving a pick-up truck northbound on Commack Road when he turned east onto Jericho Turnpike, lost control and struck a Cadillac at 2:40 p.m. Saturday, March 16, police said.The truck fled eastbound on Commack Road. The woman in the Cadillac was treated and released from Huntington Hospital.The pickup truck was described as maroon, with the words Tree Service in yellow on each side with a cap covering the rear bed. The driver and his passenger were both wearing neon traffic or construction-type vests. The truck sustained damage to the front passenger side and a flat front right tire.Investigators ask anyone who may have information about the incident, witnessed the crash when it occurred, or has information on the vehicle involved to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls will be kept confidential.Suffolk County Crime Stoppers offers a cash reward of up to $5,000 for information that leads to an arrest.
To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters
SEVEN YEARS FOR SAM GIRARD!#GoAvsGo pic.twitter.com/rnp8xXqi4C— Colorado Avalanche (@Avalanche) July 31, 2019“Samuel has been one of our best all-around defensemen since joining the Avalanche,” said Avalanche general manager Joe Sakic in a statement. “He plays important minutes and is someone our coaches count on to play against other teams’ top lines. He has an exceptional ability to skate and move the puck. As a member of our core, we felt it was important to sign him to a long-term deal and we are excited to announce this extension.” The extension was not exactly the news Avalanche fans expected to hear as July closes and top restricted free agent Mikko Rantanen remains without a contract — especially considering Girard’s entry-level contract still runs through next season. Since the Roberval, Que., native’s new deal does not kick in until July 1, 2020, the Avalanche still have about $15.7 million in salary cap space to sign Rantanen, who scored 87 points last season.MORE OF THIS 👀#GoAvsGo pic.twitter.com/rz2SFTrhCp— Colorado Avalanche (@Avalanche) July 31, 2019Girard brings an element of skill to Colorado’s blueline (27 points in 2018-19) and is one of the most disciplined players in the NHL — he only served three minor penalties last season and finished seventh in voting for the Lady Byng Memorial Trophy, awarded to the player that combines “the best type of sportsmanship and gentlemanly conduct” along with a high skill level.The Avalanche initially acquired Girard from the Predators in Nov. 2017 as part of a three-team trade that sent Matt Duchene to the Senators and Kyle Turris to Nashville. Girard was drafted by Nashville in the second round of the 2016 NHL Draft. The Colorado Avalanche announced Wednesday that they’ve agreed to a seven-year contract extension with Samuel Girard. Just 21-years-old, the defenseman will reportedly make $5 million annually for the duration of the contract, per Mike Chambers of the Denver Post.With the new deal, he is signed through the 2026-27 season, joining a projected long-term defensive core that includes Erik Johnson and rookie Cale Makar. read more
Close Forgot password? Please put in your email: Send me my password! Close message Login This blog post All blog posts Subscribe to this blog post’s comments through… RSS Feed Subscribe via email Subscribe Subscribe to this blog’s comments through… RSS Feed Subscribe via email Subscribe Follow the discussion Comments (13) Logging you in… Close Login to IntenseDebate Or create an account Username or Email: Password: Forgot login? Cancel Login Close WordPress.com Username or Email: Password: Lost your password? Cancel Login Dashboard | Edit profile | Logout Logged in as Admin Options Disable comments for this page Save Settings Sort by: Date Rating Last Activity Loading comments… You are about to flag this comment as being inappropriate. Please explain why you are flagging this comment in the text box below and submit your report. The blog admin will be notified. Thank you for your input. -2 Vote up Vote down SNAFU · 367 weeks ago Why not work on it round the clock and get it finished in a timely manner? If you cant do it right to start with don’t mess with it and hire it out to be done correctly the first time. WE do not need woodlawn becoming another vandenburg. Report Reply 4 replies · active 367 weeks ago -1 Vote up Vote down mom2mykids · 367 weeks ago What is wrong with Woodlawn? Why don’t you come try fixing North H instead….its a ****hole road…and its wrong…our taxes need lowered… Report Reply 0 replies · active 367 weeks ago +1 Vote up Vote down Jeremy Jones · 367 weeks ago Woodlawn is being repaired to prevent it from becoming worse. It was built about 15 years ago and has several panels of concrete cracking. Those cracks become larger and allow water to get under the pavement and cause more damage. If streets are repaired early on we can prevent major repair costs in the future. It is unfortunate that road maintenance causes traffic inconvenience but it is necessary. Crews will be actively working the first week of the project. The second week of the road closure allows time for the concrete to cure. Report Reply 2 replies · active 367 weeks ago +1 Vote up Vote down oldgal · 367 weeks ago Wouldn’t it be wonderful if the city workers would fix the hugh holes at the intersection of High and Edgewood. Anyone who travels that way hopes they don’t drop down to China if they happen to hit one of them. I was told 3 yrs ago that they were going to fix this, still waiting! It’s so much fun to try to avoid the holes when parents waiting for children getting out of school at Eisenhower are parked on that curve. Personally, I think Woodlawn is a pretty good street !! Report Reply 2 replies · active 367 weeks ago +1 Vote up Vote down Geez… · 367 weeks ago Really we are griping about road maintenance? Shaddup peopl!!!!!!!! Report Reply 0 replies · active 367 weeks ago Post a new comment Enter text right here! Comment as a Guest, or login: Login to IntenseDebate Login to WordPress.com Login to Twitter Go back Tweet this comment Connected as (Logout) Email (optional) Not displayed publicly. Name Email Website (optional) Displayed next to your comments. Not displayed publicly. If you have a website, link to it here. Posting anonymously. Tweet this comment Submit Comment Subscribe to None Replies All new comments Comments by IntenseDebate Enter text right here! Reply as a Guest, or login: Login to IntenseDebate Login to WordPress.com Login to Twitter Go back Tweet this comment Connected as (Logout) Email (optional) Not displayed publicly. Name Email Website (optional) Displayed next to your comments. Not displayed publicly. If you have a website, link to it here. Posting anonymously. Tweet this comment Cancel Submit Comment Subscribe to None Replies All new comments Woodlawn project…Submitted to Sumner Newscow â€”Â The City of Wellington Street Department will begin street repairs on Woodlawn July 26th through August 9th, weather permitting, and will cover one block from 9thÂ to Woodsway. Â Workers will be replacing 125-feet of concrete panels located in both the north and south bound lanes. This one block of Woodlawn will be closed the duration of the project. Â Â â€œWe are asking citizens to please avoid this area when possible during the street maintenance processâ€, said Darren Vargas, Street Department Supervisor. Â 10th Street and private drives within the project area will have access from the north throughout the project. Â A one-block detour route will be set up using Gardner and Woodsway, as depicted in the accompanying map. Â Crews will be working on the streets from 7 a.m. – 5 p.m. on business days during this time period.For more information, please contact the Street Department at 326-7831. read more
A’s GM David Forst has maintained a conversation with Davis and his agent about a possible contract extension since … OAKLAND — Khris Davis has clobbered 133 home runs over the past three seasons, the most of any player in baseball over that span.The 2018 home run king has been rewarded this offseason with a $16.5 million salary for the upcoming season, but that’s not enough for some A’s fans. They’d like to see the 31-year-old slugger locked up for years to come, and so would A’s management.
Enhancing service delivery He explained that the Port Alfred Hospital had to be rebuilt in its entirety, as the old hospital was originally situated in a low-lying area that frequently experienced flooding. Netcare CEO Richard Friedland said the hospital truly raised the bar in terms of the provision of healthcare services in the surrounding areas, and that the hospital had already received widespread interest from medical specialists who would like to make use of its well-equipped facilities. “The long-term development of the region has already been boosted substantially because of the purchasing of construction materials,” she said. “The ongoing procurement of ‘soft services’, which is expected to exceed R600-million over the operational period of the project, will ensure a continued benefit for the community for many years to come.” According to Majodina, the Port Alfred Hospital, which features public and private facilities side by side, will benefit the local community not only by providing healthcare, but also through the provision of jobs and business opportunities. 23 February 2009 Nalithemba Hospitals chairman Mike Magwa said the two main objectives of the project were to enhance patient flow and service delivery at the hospital, through ensuring that the facilities were as user-friendly as possible and capable of supporting modern healthcare services. “The new Port Alfred Hospital includes a new theatre block with an additional theatre, and extended radiology facility, improved access to the hospital, as well as a new reception and waiting areas,” he said. “State-of-the-art medical equipment was also installed at the hospital, [which] includes a four-bed maternity ward and a 26-bed general ward.” Magwa also pointed out that the hospital could now provide a full range of healthcare services to private patients, who until now had to travel to either East London or Port Elizabeth to seek private healthcare services. Raising the bar on healthcare SAinfo reporter The new Port Alfred Hospital, the result of a partnership between the Eastern Cape Department of Health and a private consortium consisting of Nalithemba Hospitals and Netcare, has opened its doors well ahead of schedule. “Good news for the community of the greater Port Alfred area is that we have created 75 full-time positions within the hospital, while contracted external providers have created many more opportunities,” he said. “As the demand for the hospital’s services increase, so to will the number of jobs created.” “I am both proud and delighted to open this hospital, which is a beacon of hope to us all and an inspiration to the greater South African healthcare industry,” Majodina said. “We believe that by being able to share our expertise with the local government and people of these communities, we will make a truly valuable contribution to the health and wellbeing of the Eastern Cape, while helping to promote sustainable economic development.” Present at the opening last week, Eastern Cape Health MEC Pemmy Majodina said the success of the private-public partnership model was a tribute to the power of participation and unity. As part of the deal, the private consortium will be responsible for managing both public and private facilities at the hospital for 15 years. Advantages for communities He added that a minimum of 50% of the shareholding in the consortium was held by local black people – with black women comprising a percentage of the management of both the private party and their key contractors – and that this would continue being the case during the 15-year lifespan of the project. “In public private partnerships such as these, great emphasis is placed on skills transfer and embedding management and clinical policies that unsure the upkeep of the quality of care delivered,” Friedland said. During its pre-opening inspection, the hospital drew high praise from representatives of both the national Department of Health and the Board of Healthcare Funders. “Through this public private partnership, empowerment in the Eastern Cape will be boosted substantially,” Friedland said. “As much as 40% of the construction and 50% of the ongoing operational expenditure has and will continue going to black people or enterprises.” Would you like to use this article in your publication or on your website? See: Using SAinfo material read more
Fiat AvventuraIndia appears to have become the hub of all compact vehicles in the world. The latest to join this bandwagon is Fiat Avventura, a compact crossover Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) from the Italian manufacturer. Modeled on the Punto Evo platform, this crossover will compete against Volkswagen Cross Polo and Toyota Etios Cross.PricingExpected for an October 2014 launch, the Avventura should be priced from Rs 5.5-8 lakh.ExteriorsProjected as a contemporary urban vehicle, the Avventura was last seen at the 2014 Delhi Auto Expo. Though looks are very similar to the Punto Evo, it certainly appears better proportioned. The lower front grille and fog lamps add a lot of character and aggression into the overall design. Even you have not seen it already, the first look may tempt you to take it out on a picnic or vacation. Being a crossover SUV, Fiat has worked to increase its ground clearance in comparison to the Punto Evo. Ground clearance of Avventura stands at 205 mm, which is 20 mm more than the Evo. In addition, new roof rails, diamond-cut alloy wheels and nudge guards are also seen on the outside.The externally-mounted spare wheel at the back is different from those on other SUVs. Instead of opening backward, it opens in the forward direction. InteriorsOn the inside, it is a welcome change to see tan colour scheme as opposed to black and beige. Tan brown leather is also visible on the doors. Though the vehicle’s layout is similar to the Fiat Punto Evo, it does have extra legroom and headroom than the hatchback. advertisementAvventura’s dashboard is available in a dual finish. The instrument panel, steering wheel, music system and other buttons have been borrowed from the new Punto Evo. Two special additions here are the clinometers and compass, adding to the off-roading value of the car. Climate control, and double DIN sound system are part of standard equipment.EnginesFiat Avventura will get two engine options- a petrol and a diesel. The petrol model will feature a 1.4-litre motor, capable of delivering maximum power of 89bhp and peak torque of 115Nm. On the other hand, the diesel avatar of this crossover will use the popular 1.3-litre multi-jet motor (in the Punto Evo Sport) to offer 92bhp of power and 209Nm of torque.VerdictFrom the looks of it, Avventura is certainly a better looker than the Cross Polo and the Etios Cross. It will be interesting to see how it competes in other departments against the above mentioned vehicles. read more
In the next 12 months Touch Football Australia (TFA) will have many representative teams competing in various international events. Most notably the 2011 World Cup being held in June 2011 in Edinburgh, Scotland. Equally as important is the Youth Trans Tasman series against New Zealand being held in January 2011 in Australia.To support the selected teams for these events TFA is now seeking coaching and managing staff to assist the already appointed coaches of the Open and Youth Program. Men’s, Women’s and Mixed Open teams as well as the four Youth teams, Boys and Girls 20’s, and Boys and Girls 18’s will be representing Australia at the two events.For more information please download the attached document. The applications will now close on Wednesday, 7 July 2010. Related Filestfa_coach___manager_positions_memo-pdf read more
About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Tottenham boss Pochettino: Great to see Skipp earn his chanceby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveTottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino hailed the team’s character for their late, late win over Burnley.Christian Eriksen fired Spurs’ injury-time winner on Saturday.”That character is so important – and belief and the faith,” said the manager. “That is what pleased me the most. To see Oliver Skipp making his (full) debut or Ben Davies playing centre-back with Toby, it’s fantastic news for the team, playing one way or another, with different names. “Keeping the belief is so important and we’re so pleased with that. I celebrated at the end of the game because we knew it was going to be very tough and the three points mean a lot for us. These three points are so important for us to keep a very good position in the table.” read more
LEAVE A REPLY Cancel replyLog in to leave a comment Advertisement Me, I’m not sure that Kellie Leitch and her campaign are real. I think it’s all part of this fake-news thing that’s going around.Listen, the candidate and the candidate’s positions don’t sound authentic. It smells bogus. I mean, seriously – a well-off surgeon, academic, former cabinet minister and MBA is traipsing around drumming up support and media attention by attacking “the elites” in Canada. Aren’t such people struck down by a bolt of lightning for brazen hypocrisy?Sadly, to paraphrase Leitch’s own assessment of Justin the Good’s remarks about Fidel Castro, it is not a fake or parody campaign. But it is certainly shameful and an embarrassment. Login/Register With: Leitch has taken a position on the CBC. It must go. That’s it; just dismantle it and move on. This proposal was a welcome break from Leitch’s ongoing obsession with screening immigrants for anti-Canadian values. The sort of horse manure that got many Conservative cabinet ministers exactly where they are today. Advertisement Advertisement Facebook Twitter read more