Sign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York Suffolk County police are asking for the public’s help in apprehending a hit-and-run driver that injured an elderly woman after striking the victim’s vehicle last month.A man was driving a pick-up truck northbound on Commack Road when he turned east onto Jericho Turnpike, lost control and struck a Cadillac at 2:40 p.m. Saturday, March 16, police said.The truck fled eastbound on Commack Road. The woman in the Cadillac was treated and released from Huntington Hospital.The pickup truck was described as maroon, with the words Tree Service in yellow on each side with a cap covering the rear bed. The driver and his passenger were both wearing neon traffic or construction-type vests. The truck sustained damage to the front passenger side and a flat front right tire.Investigators ask anyone who may have information about the incident, witnessed the crash when it occurred, or has information on the vehicle involved to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls will be kept confidential.Suffolk County Crime Stoppers offers a cash reward of up to $5,000 for information that leads to an arrest.
The Brickyard in Endwell, 800 Hooper Rd. Nov. 13 between 4:00 and 10:00 p.m. Nov. 14 between 10:00 a.m and 4:00 p.m.Nov. 15 between 5:00 and 10:00 p.m.Nov.19 between 5:00 and 10:00 p.m. ENDWELL (WBNG) — The Broome County Health Department issued a public health statement regarding a person who visited an Endwell restaurant and later tested positive for COVID-19. The department of health asks if you were at the below location to self-quarantine and monitor yourself for symptoms of the virus until 14 days after the date of exposure. The department of health says you should self-quarantine if you were at this location during the respective dates and time for 10 minutes or more.
ASA President Davie Stephens (left) and ASA Director Josh Gackle (right) attend President Donald Trump’s briefing on agriculture and trade at the White House.After months of hardships suffered as a result of the U.S.-China trade war, American soybean growers accepted an invitation from President Trump to hear his plan to support farmers as the tariff battle with China persists.“We appreciate that our President understands the plight in which this ongoing feud with China has pushed us, and that he and his Administration have sought ways to ease this burden,” said Davie Stephens, president of the American Soybean Association (ASA) and soybean grower from Clinton, Ky. “But, farmers are resolute that the only real solution is to take away the tariffs that have hemorrhaged our sales and landed our relationship with China on life support.”ASA President Davie Stephens, a farmer from Clinton, Ky., shakes hands with President Donald Trump (right) during a trade briefing at the White House.Stephens, along with fellow soy grower Josh Gackle, Kulm, N.D., and ASA CEO Ryan Findlay, St. Louis, Mo., were among farmers and leaders from multiple agriculture industries invited to attend Thursday’s press event at the White House in which the President outlined plans for his farm support program, details of which were officially released by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) earlier in the day.While ASA appreciates this effort to bridge the gap during this difficult time, a second round of financial support to offset farm losses is only a partial and temporary Band-Aid and not a permanent solution for soy growers who have lost their number one export market since tariffs were implemented by both countries July, 2019. read more