By Dialogo January 23, 2013 Four Salvadoran cities will be declared “free of violence,” as part of a truce that gangs subscribed to a few months ago, the peace process mediators and Adam Blackwell, Secretary of Multidimensional Security at the Organization of American States (OAS), announced on January 18. “We are pleased to announce the first four municipalities in which the second phase of the process will be carried out, namely: Ilopango, Santa Tecla, Sonsonate and Quezaltepeque,” Blackwell stated during a press conference with the truce facilitators, military chaplain Fabio Colindres, and former guerrilla commander Raúl Mijango. According to Blackwell, an evaluation dated March 9, 2012, determined that “the existing conditions of the truce started with the feared ‘Mara Salvatrucha’ and ‘Barrio 18’ gangs, under the mediation of Colindres and Mijango.” With the truce between gangs, the average homicide rate was reduced from 14 to five a day. “We consider that common efforts to achieve peace are unified in a town free of violence,; it is not about covering up lies and evil, but about combating these scourges in the most clever way: by creating (job) opportunity, not just by repression,” chaplain Colindres stated. The mayors, and on a general level, a technical committee made up of OAS, Fundación Humanitaria, Colindres, Mijango and Minister of Justice and Security, General David Munguía, will be responsible for coordinating the “recovery of social peace” in these towns. The technical commission seeks to create conditions for other municipalities that have also “stood out because of their high rates of violence” can be included in the process, the OAS official said. Businessman Antonio Cabrales, member of Fundación Humanitaria, said that they intend to seek and coordinate international help to “make the peace process sustainable.” Ilopango was declared the first municipality to be “free of violence” on January 22, while Santa Tecla will be added on January 25, Sonsonate on January 29, and Quezaltepeque on January 31. As part of the truce, gang groups will surrender their arsenal of weapons in El Salvador’s central square for the second time in this process.
StumbleUpon Share TVBET passes GLI test for five live games in Malta and Italy August 25, 2020 CT Gaming bolsters Italian profile with The Betting Coach August 27, 2020 Related Articles Björn Nilsson: How Triggy is delivering digestible data through pre-set triggers August 28, 2020 Submit Share Italy’s Customs & Monopoly Agency (Agenzia delle Dogane – AGM) the government body overseeing gambling regulatory policy expects to issue its new online gambling licences by the end of the year.Updating the market, the AGM has disclosed that it has received 80 official operator applications. However, moving forward the AGM will initially reward 60 active operators with new online gambling licences, as incumbents had been waiting for two-years to renew their licensing entities.Thus far, it appears that Italian online gambling has maintained its appeal to foreign enterprises, who have not withdrawn their applications to enter the market despite the unforeseen upheaval caused by the new coalition government’s Dignity Decree.To date, not one industry incumbent has filed an official complaint against the Lega-5Star Decree (implemented 15 July), a mandate which will install a blanket ban on all forms of gambling/betting related content across all verticals by June 2019.Furthermore, the Italian Treasury can point to a successful tender arrangement in which the government has raised circa €16 million for its new licensing window.At present, Stockholm-listed LeoVegas AB appears to be the only foreign operator willing to challenge the pending blanket ban, by choosing to fight its battle at a European level.Niklas Lindahl – LeoVegas ABThis September, Niklas Lindahl Managing Director of LeoVegas Italia confirmed that the Stockholm enterprise had filed two EC-level complaints against Lega-5Star’s mandate, for breaching European anti-competition laws and business policy in relation to state-aid rules.“I met members of the European Parliament – mostly Italian, Swedish and Maltese, in order to raise their awareness and to face the problem.” Lindahl has detailedFurthermore, I scheduled new meetings with the European Commission, in order to start a direct dialogue with the Directorate-General for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs. It is going to be a busy autumn and LeoVegas will be heading the fight for the defence of workers’ rights in a field that has been demonised for far too long”.As LeoVegas chooses to contest the Decree, it appears that new online incumbents will simply conform to the demands of competing within a restrictive marketplace, choosing to restructure their Italian entry strategies.Paris Smith – PinnacleSpeaking to AgiproNews at the ‘2018 Betting on Sports Conference‘, Paris Smith, Chief Executive of low-margin sportsbook Pinnacle, stated that the Decree would not sway the betting firm’s long-awaited ambitions of entering Italy’s online betting scene.“We will not change our strategies for Italy, we have always avoided giving bonuses to customers, due to our sportsbook operating on low margins, we are therefore careful on how we advertise our markets. We are aware of the Italian context but at the moment we have no intention of withdrawing our application.”Smith acknowledges concerns at a product-level, for Italian stakeholders, as the market will not revamp its betting guidelines for cash-out functionalities and Asian handicap markets. Nevertheless, Pinnacle’s leader is confident that the bookmaker can make its mark with Italian customers.“The Asian handicap is just one of our products, but not the only one. We are confident of our strategy and strengths for Italy”____________________Content provided by AgiproNews Italia read more
Dear Editor,Recently the Traffic Department commenced to place drivers before the courts for trucking long lengths of piles. Frankly, I have been dealing with truck owners and drivers for some years now and I have never seen the enforcement of such a law.I wondered if when this law was drafted, whether we had these hauler trucks in existence.Never-the-less, the drivers upon being charged are being told that they must apply for the transportation of long lengths. I am not sure of the purpose because apparently it is being automatically being granted just like the Road Service Licence. These just take up man hours of the owners and the Police Officers in addition to stationary.In any event, according to those who complained to me, they applied and obtained the licence as requested. Apparently the Officers did not inform them that even if they obtained the permit, they would still be charged as these trucks have to transport piles of very long lengths. The permit only allow for 12 feet extra.The construction of bridges, buildings and wharves need piles as long as 80 feet. The usual length is 65 feet. So figure this out. The hauler trailer extends to 40 feet. Add 12 to this and you get 52 feet.The enforcement of this law would affect the construction industry. It would affect Government’s road projects, since bridge construction would need long piles. It would cause the construction and rehabilitation of wharves to cease. Drivers would be out of work. Owners of trucks would not be able to make their payments to the bank. The owners of forestry concessions would not be able to pay for their equipment and those who work in the logging industry would be unable to feed their families and send their children to school.Without the piles, the buildings, bridges and wharves’ construction would come to a standstill and more workers laid off. Aggregate demand would reduce fewer taxes to the Government, less royalty to the forestry Commission, etc.I spoke to a senior officer in theTraffic Department. He says speak to the Government as they were instructed to enforce this ‘law’. I hope the Public Security Minister, the Commissioner of Police and the Traffic Chief would read this letter.All for the development of a sound economy and the good life for all.If it was not so serious, I would have put LOL at the end.Regards,Rajendra BisessarBSc Sociology, LLB read more